Bear with me if people have asked this kind of question many times before. no 98069349 Nelson, James is a name representing one person (i.e. it's not undifferentiated), the editor of The complete murder sampler. However, I found in OCLC that there are many works under this heading that are not by this person. I propose to change the heading to Nelson, James, $d 1902-1981. I believe this is the correct thing to do, but because there so many works [manifestations?] listed under "Nelson, James", should I instead create a new heading and ask for the old one to be cancelled?

Jay Shorten
Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources
Associate Professor of Bibliography
Catalog Department
University Libraries
University of Oklahoma
Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records