Slide number 80 in the most recent set of slides for NACO training (found
at http://www.loc.gov/catworkshop/courses/naco-RDA/index.html) for module
2, Describing persons, has this note: "- 9.3.2.3  Record the person’s date
of birth applying the basic instructions on recording dates associated with
persons given under 9.3.1.  If the person was born in the same year as
another person with the same name, record the date of birth in the form
[year] [month] [day]." The date given for this slide is May 1, 2013, so the
training has been the same since then.

There is no indication that date of death is to be taken into account. "If
the person was born in the same year ..." then the date of birth must be
unique.

Richard Lammert

--

Rev. Richard A. Lammert           e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Technical Services Librarian       mail: 6600 N. Clinton St.