The comments for Slide 40 in the same set say, "RDA 9.3.1.3: Record dates
either as parts of the authorized access point representing the person, or
as separate elements, or as both. Recording the year alone for birth and
death date; add the month or month and day if necessary to distinguish one
access point from another." In the case of the Reg Park's , the two AAPs
are already distinguished  by the addition of the death year to one of the
AAPs, so year alone suffices for the birth date.

I read slide 80 as referring to a case where the same preferred name and
birth year have resulted in identical AAPs, and not as applying generally
whenever two people have the same preferred name and birth year regardless
of their AAPs--though I agree that it could be read the other way.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota