"This is part of the new GIG economy"

But if it's just the gig economy part, why are many other library field
positions not showing this trend as acutely? Is it a management decision?
It that librarian positions tend to have stronger organized labor
representation?

"Many of these grants, depended upon by libraries and museums, may go away
if Trump and the Republicans have their way with the budget request."

Libraries only seem to depend on many of these grants in certain areas,
such as technology and archival work. If they go away does that mean
libraries will be forced to broaden their positions for line items beyond
certain areas? Or will these jobs just not get done? or combination of
both? If this does come to pass people deciding budgets will have to make
these decisions and what does that mean for this work? Not enviable
positions to be in for sure.

Nathan Coy