Thanks, John and Althea.
I will use a geographic qualifier instead and I will post to Exlibris to see if I can find some nice Dutchies to give me a modern orthographic spelling.

Many thanks,
Allison

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

I can’t answer the question about the orthography, but I don’t see a reason why the guild should be entered subordinately to Amsterdam.  The preferred name probably includes “tot Amsterdam.”

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library