Another way to present the same question is:  With staff cuts widespread in cataloging departments, who has the time?  Personally, I think it would be great if we could put more effort into BFM in WorldCat, and have posted about this in the past.  However the proportion of available resources and the size of the task seems comparable to the metaphorical teacup emptying the ocean.

Amy

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Noble, Richard
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 11:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] resolving conflicts in WorldCat while doing NACO work

Just to clarify--when I ask "who will pay" I'm really talking about opportunity costs associated with the portion of salary paid for correcting OCLC records, of which there may be hundreds+  in a given case. - Richard Noble (not Moore)

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble@Br<mailto:[log in to unmask]>own.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__own.edu&d=DwMFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=Dc2zJWQZhGVM4krkr2m4NTiSqZ5Ld3IvJ8wM_1HzJMc&m=A27Is1RfsVWkZv3vvGxYefcfzDCyZcC1lLFLOdi2ilQ&s=SW6H9Lq_LlfVLrZc5At4qFMiptfB2knONArpldfr1qk&e=>>