At that point, I suppose it will be a matter of cataloger's judgment and any forthcoming changes to LC-PCC PS to encourage or discourage any particular variants.

Matt

Bob: And I hope there won’t be any such LC-PCC Policy Statements. A conscious decision was made at the beginning of RDA to leave the decision about whether to include variants or not up to the cataloger’s judgment. I’m in favor of leaving it that way.

Bob