Sorry I couldn't get to this earlier today. The following appear to be suitable examples from recently-issued (or re-issued) records. (These records have a 100 field containing subfield $c in parentheses, and a 400 field with the same base name but a different subfieId $c; the 400 $c not checked for parentheses. 400 fields containing $w are excluded, as are records for fictitious persons, deities and the like.) I  can go further back in time, but I think these examples, and earlier comments, are sufficient: do it if you feel it would be helpful.

Gary L. Strawn

Northwestern University Libraries

Northwestern University

1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

office: 847/467-7240

storage facility: 847/467-4619

authority toolkit documentation: http://bit.ly/1Hl1jST