From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Hearn
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:16 AM

> (Is there an irony that after a long and lively career in authority
> control I find myself advocating for the end of the authorized
> access point? Yes, there is, and it's ... delicious.)

A couple years ago I speculated whether RDA 2.0 would shunt its access point instructions to an appendix in favor of highlighting the identifier elements.  More recent discussions on the so-called "four-fold path" have disabused me of that notion.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii