My opinion:

We’ve encountered cases like this, where there might, slightly redundantly, be one collective conference for each individual conference, just to carry the reference structure.

LC-PCC-PS for 11.13.1.8 says: “For ongoing conferences, separate authority records may be created for the collective conference”.

Generally a new collective conference NAR is created when a conference changes its name, so “ongoing conference” in this PS has to mean “ongoing conference with the same name”. In the case under consideration, there is no ongoing conference with the same name, as each name occurs only once – and they can’t be treated as variants. So no collective conference name exists, and there can be no collective NARs.

The PS finishes: “A record for the collective conference should always be made to connect the earlier and later names of the collective conference”

There’s nothing there to say that see-also references can’t be made between individual conference names, when no collective name exists. Each is very much a predecessor of the next.

What would be useful?

Regards

Richard

Richard Moore