From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Netanel Ganin
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2017 9:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] More confusing RDs (RSC/RelationshipWG/1/Sec final)

While I agree with much of what's been said in this thread, I also have a practical question:

the LC-PCC-PS at M.2 states:

LC practice/PCC practice: The relationship designators found in M.2.2-M.2.5, if used, are recorded in $i of a 7XX added entry field or a 7XX linking entry field, or incorporated into a note. If applying LCSH, the optional use of these relationship designators does not replace any applicable LCSH subject access fields (e.g., a 6XX heading for a work in a bibliographic record that represents a commentary on that work).

All these proposed terms will be entering at M.2.6 or later and thus are currently outside the scope of the LC-PCC-PS. Thus my question is: will the scope of the policy statement be adjusted to incorporate these new terms and therefore we'll be entering an array such as:

130 0 _ Ali (Motion picture)

600 1 0 Ali, Muhammad, $d 1942-2016.

700 1 _ $i Description of (person): $a Ali, Muhammad, $d 1942-2016.

That is, so long as we're cataloging in the MARC environment, will we be doubling subject access points for Agents?

in solidarity,

Netanel Ganin

Metadata Coordinator -- Hebrew Specialty

Brandeis University

My pronouns are he/him/his