My thanks to Bob Maxwell and Matthew Haugen for their clear and focused explanations, and suggestion that there may be considerable flexibility among "best practices". The new documentation is certainly welcome, especially because it provides so many examples--the more the better, always. I'm delighted that the most relevant example for my case, on page 10, is a (Singer) who was at one time a (Cheerleader) [for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers]. Nothing stuffy about our profession!

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble@Brown.edu>