What is the effect of omitting 264 in favor of 245 $f in various systems,
especially in searching and presentation by date of search results? Might
we say that in 245 it serves primarily as information, in 264 as a datum
(adjunct to and perhaps more nuanced than MARC 008 date)?

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble@Br <[log in to unmask]>own.edu>