Hi All,

I’m forwarding this email below to the PIG list to see if anyone has comments for Elizabeth,

Best from wellington,

Pete

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elizabeth England
Sent: Thursday, 2 March 2017 5:44 a.m.
To: Digital Curation
Subject: [digital-curation] recording many PREMIS events

I'm working on a many terabyte collection that has to be processed in smaller batches because of its size. It all links back to one accession record (in ArchivesSpace); in PREMIS speak there are many objects but one intellectual entity. The best solution I've come up with for recording PREMIS-like events is creating multiple message digest calculations, etc. as I go, and indicating what portion of the collection each event refers to using free text fields in the ArchivesSpace record.

I'm wondering how others have handled recording PREMIS-like events for large collections that are processed iteratively, or more generally, what are you considering the "intellectual entity" you create PREMIS-like events for?

Thank you!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth England

National Digital Stewardship Resident