Hi All,

we are considering the same problem, but don’t work on PREMIS implementation and from the definition of whether an object is an IE or not. But anyway, if this advances science …

We have the following ideas:

Events are recorded as attributes of an object. An object can be a whole collection, a smaller batch, a distinct cataloguing unit, or a single file.

They can also be recorded as a summary attribute of an object that regards several sub-objects (e.g. checksum verification result on an accession of 3000 files attached to a collection object).

Events can be recorded as simple success message or documented success message.

Events can be recorded in a human-readable or both human- and machine-readable way.

Best regards,

Kai

___

Dr. Kai Naumann | Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg | Staatsarchiv Ludwigsburg | Ref. 53

Arsenalplatz 3 | 71638 Ludwigsburg | Fax 07141 64854 6311 | E-Mail [log in to unmask] | Tel. 07141 64854 6331