A memoir can be published in a diary, or a monograph, online as a blog, or
as a docudrama on television. Disambiguating between genre and format (if
by format we mean physical or electronic medium) is difficult, but is done
routinely within the museum realm. Fortunately, the Getty AAT has organized
their vocabulary in a way that allows us to disambiguate genre and format.

Ruth, EAD 2002 doesn't have @localtype, but it does have @type, which is
functionally equivalent.

Ethan