From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nancy Sack
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 11:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] recording date of birth in field 670 of name authority records

One note of caution regarding copying text from HTML pages and pasting it into OCLC records: There are sometimes hidden characters embedded in the web pages, which OCLC's Connexion seems not to mind. (I encounter these non-MARC characters when I update NARs using Gary Strawn's Authority Toolkit.) I'd recommend taking the extra step of copying web data into a text editor, e.g., Notepad, and then copying the pure text into the NAR.

Nancy