All,

One of the things that hasn’t been mentioned is how the presence of all the 3xx fields adds to the ‘learning curve’ of a new NACO participant and adds to the work of the NACO reviewer.  Like others, I search some of the 3xx fields and I populate some of them, but there is a big cost in training and NACO review.

For example: ‘We’ have spent so much time on ‘gender’… Early in the implementation, we were directed not to populate that field ‘unless’.. now we choose between multiple vocabularies and it is something ‘more’ to check… all optional, of course.

A few ‘best practices’ might be useful.

Richard-thanks for bringing this up.

Mary Charles Lasater