I sort of made some of the comments in subject line entitled "Classical works : Cicero."

There seems to be some confusion about Works, Works. Selections, and using more specific terms when the expressions are only in a particular genre.

Works refers to an author's works in all genres. Works. Selections = selections from those works which include two or more genres of the authors works.

If there is only one genre, such as essays, speeches, etc, then we have Author. [conventional title] or for selections of one genre: Author. [conventional title]. Selections.  I am not sure this standard has been held to with regard to Cicero's works (and maybe others) and I may be at fault here for not following what I have just said.

In my earlier communication, I also suggested this:
So here is my suggestion.  Correct those differentiated "Works" under Cicero.  Use the terms suggested in 6.2+.  And if you are going to use another term other than the one suggested for use as the suggested ones, use genre/form, and that form/genre the one that is authorized in the NAF.  For instance, don't use Orations; use Speeches; use Novels, not stories.  The Conventional uniform title should be a single term that is a genre term, with adjectival qualifier indicating content of the genre conventional uniform/AAP title.

Gene Fieg