From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard Murray
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] literary author 053 with $5

Hi all,

I’m cataloging a novel and find that in the author’s authority record, there is an 053 _4 with a $5 and an institution’s NUC symbol that is not DLC. Does this mean that this institution input this 053 based on their own shelflist without having it approved by LC? Should I propose a number to LC through the usual means and then replace this 053 _4 with a standard 053 _0? I don’t recall seeing this situation before.

Thanks,

Rich

Rich Murray

Catalog Librarian for Spanish & Portuguese Languages and Rare Books

Duke University Libraries

Durham, North Carolina