From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deborah A Rose-Lefmann
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] literary author 053 with $5

It's possible that the institution has submitted the 053 proposal to LC and is waiting for approval before changing the coding in the NAR. We sometimes do that, rather than leaving out the 053 until it is approved and the NAR is out of distribution.

Deborah

Deborah Rose-Lefmann
Monographic cataloger
Subject: German
Northwestern University Libraries
Northwestern University
www.library.northwestern.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.library.northwestern.edu_&d=DwMFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=mC4j06dZXbHsQXNjgNJGhibeVqMVPX33M6fqWgrEggw&m=OzJc6n9RP2PWux4lkfJIAhjdpS8ArkELLCNFO9-0F-M&s=HWvStuIFCrOnnf25rHsmvouKhBco-aXqRKUHM5udPj0&e=>
847-467-2921