​Jesse and Erica,

We at University of Michigan Law Library were in the process of creating a
NAR for this person, when I happened upon the one that is now in
distribution. As Erica mentioned, we the ALA romanized form of the name
conflicts with the AAP of an undifferentiated record I wasn't going to
touch the UPN, given that I am not skilled in the vernacular). One of the
catalogers here had discovered that the author was born in 1956, but
qualifying the romanized form would conflict with the AAP of another NAR.

We had the idea of adding the qualifier of (Lawyer)​ to the romanized
name.  But I wonder how acceptable it is to add such a qualifier to a
Variant if the AAP is not also qualified. I'm interested to hear others'
thoughts.

- Alexis

Alexis Zirpoli
Cataloging Services Librarian