Currently there are three records below besides the one Jesse just created.
It looks like Kim Joongi was born in 1965 (I think Alexis made a typo here
by writing 1956). The romanization for Kim Joongi would be Kim, Chun-gi. If
we add this with date1965 in the variant field, it will still conflict with
AAP in another rec as you see below. So you will need additional qualifier
as Adam suggested. But since I am going to create 3 new records from the
undifferentiated rec with different qualifiers (in this case, no dates are
available for all three. So I will use something like Author of educational
sociology, etc.), we don't need any qualifier for Kim Chun-gi for the
variant field in the rec that Jesse created. Then Alexis' concern of having
a different form bet AAP and variant will be dismissed too.  I already
created, updated for every involved rec and in my local file. I am letting
you know this so that no one will be doing a duplicate work. Thanks.

Kim, Chun-gi, 1959-
Kim, Chun-gi, 1965-
Kim, Chun-gi  with 3 people in an undifferentiated rec.

*Erica S. Chang*
Head, Cataloging Department
University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall