*** Please excuse cross-posting ***
The ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) seeks speakers to present at the ALA Annual Conference to be held in Chicago on Saturday, June 24, 2017, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
The Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, metadata practitioners, and cataloging and metadata managers, and be approximately 15 minutes in length. Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
The Annual Program Theme: "The Changing Metadata Arena and Its Practitioners.” Potential topics may include (but are not limited to):
· New metadata related projects and initiatives in digital repositories and other systems;
· Emerging and new practices, domain or characteristics of the metadata practitioners as well as practices left behind;
· The changing cataloging and metadata environment and how it affects metadata practitioner's work and choices;
· How identity management impacts digital repositories and authority control;
· Subject, thesaurus and keyword practices in digital repositories and how they work together to improve user experiences and enhance discovery;
· Linked data implementation in digital repositories and content management systems;
· Metadata practitioners' role, collaboration and other work in the knowledge community and/or the researchers' research lifecycle;
· Support open access and improve digital repository services through metadata.
We look forward to hearing from you! And please let us know if you have any questions.
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group