Liz,

I can’t answer your last question.

But while I share your concerns about this heading, I would think the best approach is probably just to go ahead and apply the heading despite misgivings. The reason being: if Congress ever gets out of our way, and PSD can make the change, there will surely be some effort to update those headings in LC. If you try to come up with some creative workaround right now, your record won’t be updated.

Problematic headings are problematic. But my thinking is, the problems need to be solved, as much as possible, on the level of the authority file, not individual records.

--Ben

Benjamin Abrahamse

Cataloging Coordinator

Acquisitions & Discovery Enhancement