Hi Liz,

The ALCTS Subject Analysis Committee convened a working group to study and make a recommendation on the LCSH “Illegal aliens.”  (Full disclosure: I was the chair of the working group.) Its report was approved not just by SAC, but by the ALCTS Board and sent to LC as a response to their survey requesting feedback on the heading last summer.

The report includes recommendations on how to handle replacing the heading, which libraries could choose to implement locally.

The report is available at: http://connect.ala.org/node/255185

-Tina

Tina Gross

Catalog Librarian / Associate Professor