Yes, I've made this point many times.

Adam

________________________________
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Kevin M Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:06:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Queston about "Works" authority record with qualifier

But if the policy were to always include the language in the expression AAP, wouldn't that mean that *every* RDA bib record will require a 130 or 240 field? Or would we do it only for things that have expression authority records? While I'm not terribly bothered by a certain (limited) amount of inconsistency in the bibliographic database due to evolving standards, this seems to be a bit much.

Kevin
(who is getting even more impatient waiting for the day when identifiers take the place of AAPs)

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Libraries
Northwestern University