On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Kevin M Randall <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> On rare occasions, I actually want to transcribe text verbatim in a 670,
> and when I do that, I use quotation marks to show that it is a verbatim
> transcription.  But anything in a 670 $b that is not in quotes is, by
> implication, the essence of the information gleaned from the resource, and
> is not necessarily (but yet still could be) a direct transcription.  At
> least, that is my understanding from the training that I have received.

‚ÄčI am very much in agreement with this--we have enough minutia to remember
as it is--and have adopted an unambiguous format used in most
English-speaking or English-using parts of the world.  29 April 2017

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble@Br <[log in to unmask]>own.edu>