Michael,

In case you mean recording "Women composers" in the 374 field you may want to know that this is not in accordance with the LC-PCC-PS for 9.16.1.3

Use terms for profession or occupation without indication of the person’s gender, nationality, religion, etc., unless such characteristics are part of the definition of the term itself (e.g., a Rabbi is a Jewish religious leader).  Prefer gender-neutral terms to gender-specific terms when possible (e.g., Actor instead of Actress and Fire fighter instead of Fireman). Information not included as part of the profession or occupation term may be appropriate for other elements, such as Other designation associated with the person, see 9.6.1.9. [emph mine]

An example from same rule:

EXAMPLE

100 1# $a Allen, Debbie, $d 1950-
374 ## $a Choreographers $2 lcsh
not 374 ## $a African American choreographers $2 lcsh
not 374 ## $a Women choreographers $2 lcsh

in solidarity,

Netanel Ganin
Metadata Coordinator -- Hebrew Specialty
Brandeis University

My pronouns are he/him/his