[log in to unmask]" class="GroupWiseMessageBody">

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks Kai for your contribution in the discussion!

We discussed your question today at the PREMIS EC and we want to ask you some extra questions to be able to answer. The collection is connected to one accession record and the accession record is the IE. Have we understood it correctly with that assumption? Could you give us some more information on the type of collection and if its possible to split it up into more IE's? There have been a discussion regarding large image sequences and its events at the PREMIS Implementators maillist PIG. Perhaps that could be to some aid? You can sign up to that list using the instruction here http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/, and look into the archive for that mail thread.

We look forward to hear from you and give help!

Best regards,

Karin Bredenberg, member of PREMIS EC

Hälsningar/Regards
Karin Bredenberg

Karin Bredenberg
Teknisk rådgivare, metadata /Technical advisor, metadata
Riksarkivet/Swedish National Archives
Avdelningen för offentlig informationshantering/Public Information Management
P.O. Box 12541, SE-102 29 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel + 46(0)10-476 71 23
SMS + 46(0)70-349 74 55
riksarkivet.se

>>> Kai Naumann <[log in to unmask]> 17-03-02 16:45 >>>

Hi All,

we are considering the same problem, but don’t work on PREMIS implementation and from the definition of whether an object is an IE or not. But anyway, if this advances science …

We have the following ideas:

Events are recorded as attributes of an object. An object can be a whole collection, a smaller batch, a distinct cataloguing unit, or a single file.

They can also be recorded as a summary attribute of an object that regards several sub-objects (e.g. checksum verification result on an accession of 3000 files attached to a collection object).

Events can be recorded as simple success message or documented success message.

Events can be recorded in a human-readable or both human- and machine-readable way.

Best regards,

Kai

___

Dr. Kai Naumann | Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg | Staatsarchiv Ludwigsburg | Ref. 53

Arsenalplatz 3 | 71638 Ludwigsburg | Fax 07141 64854 6311 | E-Mail [log in to unmask] | Tel. 07141 64854 6331