MUSIC HUNTER OFFER FOR LIBRARIES ONLY SENT OUT MAY 1, '17

American Epic: The Collection (5 CD Box Set)
Label: Sony Legacy   509969  Release Date: 5/12/2017  UPC: 888750996923

SPECIAL MLA SALE $ 52.97 Offered only here. ALL OTHER  SONY LEGACY CD & DVD TITLES DISCOUNTED 15 % FROM MSRP. http://www.legacyrecordings.com/artists/

This is a time sensitive SALE that ends on MAY 23, ‘17. No extensions allowed per label.
AMERICAN EPIC: The Collection gathers 100 of these original recordings from the 1920s and 1930s in one five-disc set, restored to unprecedented levels of sonic fidelity. For these releases, compiled by Director Bernard MacMahon, engineer Nicholas Bergh refined a transfer process using a mix of both modern and vintage equipment in order to extract the remarkable resolution from the records that is often missed. This ‘reverse engineering’ approach to the transfer process enabled the restoration team of Grammy Award-winning engineer Peter Henderson, Duke Erikson and Joel Tefteller to get the resulting audio closer to the original performance than ever before.
This is not “remastering,” in the normal sense, but something closer to fine art restoration. The intent is not for people to marvel at the antiquity of these discs, but rather to experience them as vital, immediate performances that speak to us as directly as they did on the day they were recorded—not simply great art for their time, but great art for all times. It includes a 100-page book filled with stunning unpublished photographs, quotes from the artists, their friends and families, lyrics for every song, essays and recording notes. Among the artists included are Mississippi John Hurt, The Carter Family, Charley Patton, Jimmie Rodgers, Lydia Mendoza, Nelstone’s Hawaiians, Big Chief Henry’s String Band, Robert Johnson and many others.
CONTENTS:  https://www.amazon.com/American-Epic-Collection-OST/dp/B0184U96LG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1493494452&sr=1-1&keywords=American+Epic%3A+The+Collection

As always, this special offer is open to library staff members as well. Staff orders must be shipped to their attention C/O their library. United Parcel Service discounts deliveries to commercial addresses, residential deliveries are much more costly.

Orders accepted via e-mail & snail mail. Purchase orders and standing orders are always welcome. Please use Word or Excel  attachments or put your order within the body of an e-mail. Please do not use PDF files for your orders. Record label imposed deadlines are firm.

When ordering, please identify this special offer. Please select carefully as there are no “ ordered in error “ returns allowed on special sale titles.

Music Hunter standing order clients automatically receive these bargain prices when the product fits into their preorder profile.

Music Hunter library terms are NET 30 days per invoice from receipt of merchandise, ALL payments to be by check as Music Hunter does not accept credit cards or PayPal. Music Hunter invoices are supplied with your shipments.  All orders shipped via United Parcel Service/standard ground/insured.

Cataloging: Before cataloging, it is important to verify all discs are correct as ordered. Once cataloged, record labels will not accept merchandise for exchange, even if an incorrect disc is within a set. Record labels consider cataloged items as defaced and they will not accept a cataloged item for exchange for any reason whatsoever. We do not agree with this policy but we have been unable to effect a change.

Music Hunter sells only authentic, original CDs/DVDs. We are dedicated to the fight against piracy, and to the protection of the rights of artists, recording labels, and publishers.

Music Hunter is an independent, privately owned company and is not affiliated with or connected to any other company or person beyond our wholesale distributor agreements.

Your search for sound & video ends here!
JAY SONIN, GENERAL MANAGER
MUSIC HUNTER DISTRIBUTING COMPANY
6780 MOONLIT DRIVE
DELRAY BEACH, FLORIDA 33446-1632