*** Please excuse cross-posting ***

Late-breaking call for posters and demos

Procrastinators who missed the earlier deadline can still submit proposals for posters and demos by June 12. Demos will be given on participants laptops to individuals and small groups during the poster session. Please see the FAQ page for more information about posters and demos.

VIVO Conference breaks its glass ceiling!

For the first time, both our keynotes are women – Christina Patuelli, School of Information at Pratt Institute, and Jodi Schneider, School of Information Science at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, will give keynotes to begin our days Thursday and Friday.  We have five invited speakers and three of them are women – Rebecca Bryant, OCLC Research, Katie Frey, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, and Ying Ding, School of Information Sciences and Computing, Indiana University will be joined by David Eichmann, University of Iowa, and Jim Hendler, Cognitive Science Department, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.  What a line-up!  You can see all the speakers at http://vivoconference.org/speakers/

Workshops

Learn new VIVO strategies--attend a pre-conference workshop on Wednesday, August 2. Five free half-day workshops provide a deep dive into relevant topics:

Find details about the workshops here. You can register using this link or from the VIVO Conference website. (If you've already registered for the conference, we'll be in touch to let you know how to register for workshops.)

Registration

You can register using the eventbrite site.

Accommodation

We have negotiated a special “VIVO Conference” rate at The Bentley Hotel. Our special rate is available from Monday night, July 31st to Thursday night, August 3rd. This boutique Upper East Side hotel is located less than 1/2 mile from the conference location, a 10 minute walk.

We hope to see you in NYC at the #vivo17 conference!

Kind regards,

Violeta Ilik
​ - VIVO17 Program Chair​