Error during command authentication.
Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started.
==========Please excuse the cross-posting==========
DEADLINE EXTENSION: DC-2017 Call for Participation
Advancing metadata practice: Quality, Openness, Interoperability
Following up on DC-2016 in Copenhagen with its look towards the changing role of metadata in the Second Machine Age, DC-2017 will focus on technologies and practices that are advancing how we can create and manage good metadata. Interoperability and openness have been guiding principles of the DCMI community for over twenty years, and these principles have evolved through the development of Semantic Web standards and Linked Open Data. A deluge of new data sources is magnifying the perennial challenge of metadata quality but also inspiring the development of innovative tools, practices, and solutions, the focus of this year's conference.
Submission categories include:
- Peer reviewed Papers, Project Reports and Posters;
- Presentations on Metadata; (without paper);
- Panels (Special Sessions);
- Post-conference Tutorials and workshops.
Beyond the focus of the conference theme, submission of papers, reports, presentations and poster are welcome in the following broad categories of metadata design, deployment and maintenance:
- Metadata principles, guidelines, and best practices
- Curation, governance, and sustainability
- Conceptual models and frameworks
- Lessons from implementation
- Interoperability and harmonization
- Metadata quality and validation
Program Committee Chairs:
Carol Jean Godby, Senior Research Scientist, OCLC Research
Mike Lauruhn, Disruptive Technology Director, Elsevier Labs