From: Federal Librarians Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [FEDLIB] Compact shelving : Electronic vs. manual

All active links contained in this email were disabled. Please verify the
identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained
within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web
browser.

________________________________

Good afternoon,

The current compact/space saver shelving in my library needs to be replaced
because parts will soon be obsolete. The current system is electronic and
could be upgraded, but I may have to go with manual due to pricing of a
maintenance agreement.

*        For those with compact shelving, have any of you moved from
electronic space saver shelving to manual assist?

*        What issues have you encountered? Pros and cons of each?

*        Those with manual assist shelving, have you had any maintenance
issues? How often is maintenance needed?

*        Any lighting issues using the manual shelves? My current system has
light built-in which comes on when a section is being used. The manual
system doesn't have lighting which would require installation of lights over
the shelving.

I would appreciate any input from my colleagues on this issue - thanks in
advance!

Respectfully,

Roni

Roni Anderson

Librarian

-----------------------Federal Aviation Administration

Aerospace Medical Education Division

Phone: (405) 954-8231

Fax: (405) 954-4379

Email: [log in to unmask] < Caution-mailto:[log in to unmask] >

In our continuing effort to improve the quality of service to our
stakeholders, the Office of Aerospace Medicine (AAM) would appreciate any
comments you may have on our services and how to improve them.  Your
participation in meeting our goals for continuous improvement is greatly
appreciated.

Caution-http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/stakeho
lder_feedback/aam/aam400/ <