There are also NACO Funnels with folks doing authority work at various levels of training and independence, and, indeed, catalogers who are not themselves doing authority work run across records that are problematic, as in the present case, records that then need to be referred to a shop that does do authority work.

Being judgmental, even tacitly, is counterproductive, particularly when one doesn’t have full information about the person who asked the question.

Best,

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adam L. Schiff
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Same person?

NACO libraries are supposed to select which NAR to keep, move over any relevant/useful fields from the record that will be deleted, and then report the need for deletion to the Coop Team at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We aren't simply supposed to report the dupes and ask LC to deal with them.

Adam Schiff

University of Washington Libraries