Ben

I wouldn’t infer the number without looking at a specific example to see why the numbering has been dropped.

We wouldn’t automatically prefer a fuller form. In the first instance, we would prefer the form found in the preferred sources of information, which could be either the full form or the abbreviated form.

As to whether to include the number in the acronymic access point, this was clearer with AACR2/LCRI, where we would have given the name as “PuppyCon 2017”, and omitted the number, as it’s not the 23rd conference called “PuppyCon 2017”. In RDA we are omitting the date from the name, so arguably it *is* the 23rd conference called “PuppyCon” (whether as a 111 or a 411). If I try very hard to forget AACR2/RDA, then I concede that it is probably correct to include the number.

Regards

Richard

Richard Moore

Authority Control Team Manager