I read the third bullet of section E5.3 of the BIBCO Participant's Manual as saying that a work/expression access point does not require an authority if it is already represented "in the LC database either by a bibliographic record for the work itself (original or translation) or by an analytic access point/added entry on another bibliographic record ..."  I.e, it's telling LC staff they can consider both a bib 130 or 1XX/240 access point and an existing analytic access point in LC's catalog as sufficient evidence that the work of formulating the access point has already been done and to accept what's already in the catalog as "authorized."  It's not a blanket BSR release from creating authorities for analytic added entries.

It's also very LC centric and of dubious applicability in the larger BIBCO environment.  A check of LC's catalog shows that it does not apply to the Sulpicius Severus cases cited by Adam Schiff.

Stephen