From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Breneman
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] AW: [ARSCLIST] Help me identify this broadcast sound!

Von: "Marcos Sueiro Bal" <[log in to unmask]>

> After hearing a few more of these, I think I have figured it out. They
> seem to have used the (handmade?) buzzer blasts as a sort of audio
> countdown for the start of the program. Definitely not for broadcast!

I thought it might be a cue to find the start of the segment when fast-winding the tape.  I used to use a few seconds of a 40 Hz tone.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0dYPfN-PM

This link directs to somebody's "clever" idea of what an SMTPE leader ought to look and sound like.  Did you mean to use that link?

Gesendet mit Telekom Mail <https://t-online.de/email-kostenlos> - kostenlos und sicher für alle!