Sorry to hear about Jim.  He was, first of all, a nice fellow.  He had so much knowledge and was always sharing and helpful with it and pleasant to be around.

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 3:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] RIP Jim Wheeler

I have sad news. My friend, mentor, and in many ways the person who was most influential in encouraging me to become involved in audio tape restoration, Jim Wheeler, passed away recently. I have no further details. Jim's wife called Jim Lindner who emailed me.

As many of you may know, Jim Wheeler's health had deteriorated over the last decade, so this is not unexpected. He had not been living at home for a while.

Jim Lindner has been pursuing other interests, and has somehow fallen off the ARSC list. He specifically asked me to post this news.

Regards,

Richard