From: Clark, Nancy
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Job Posting: Supervisory Librarian: Dept Veterans Affairs, Muskogee OK

This vacancy is open to any US citizen.  The announcement closes on Thursday, June 29, 2017.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472826500

Please direct any questions to:  Phone: (844)456-5208<tel://(844)456-5208/> Email : [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Supervisory Librarian (Medical Sciences)
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Agency contact information<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472826500>
1 vacancy in the following location:
*         Hines, IL
Work Schedule is Full-Time - Permanent

Opened Friday 6/23/2017 (0 day(s) ago)
Closes Thursday 6/29/2017 (6 day(s) away)

*         Salary Range
$66,379.00 to $86,290.00 / Per Year

*         Series & Grade
GS-1410-11/11

*         Supervisory Status
Yes

*         Who May Apply
United States Citizens

*         Control Number
472826500

*         Job Announcement Number
CARZ-10021565-17-LAL
Job Overview
Summary
About the Agency<https://www.va.gov/jobs/>
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise: "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). America's Veterans need you!
Duties
This position is located within the Education Service of the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital, and is affiliated with Loyola University Chicago and over 75 other associated health facilities. The primary purpose of this position is to provide professional librarian functions and coordinate the overall day-to-day operation of the Employee and Veterans' Libraries.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:

 *   Serves as Librarian-in-Charge and provides administrative and technical supervision to Library Technicians;
 *   Answers a wide range of complex and comprehensive medical reference questions using a variety of reference sources and tools;
 *   Conducts literature searches using numerous healthcare-related databases and the internet;
 *   Develops a co.mprehensive medical library collection to meet the informational, clinical, educational, and research needs of a healthcare facility;
 *   Acquires materials using a variety of acquisition methods, e.g., interlibrary loan, purchase, rental, exchange, gift, etc.;
 *   Evaluates book and audiovisual collections and recommends new titles to be added in relation to the interests of medical community;
 *   Performs regular inventory (including automated inventory) and weeding of collections;
 *   Oversees daily operation of library that serves as a centralized resource for print and media materials used in Veteran education, counseling and teaching;
 *   Establishes and implements program guidelines, policies, and operating procedures as they relate to the Libraries;
 *   Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work;
 *   Evaluates work performance of subordinate staff;
 *   Gives advice, counsel, and instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters;
 *   Performs other related duties as required.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.

Nancy A. Clark, MLS
Director, Library Network Office (10P2C)
Department of Veterans Affairs
Office of Informatics and Information Governance
Health Information Governance
214-857-0379