From: Clark, Nancy
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Job Posting: Supervisory Librarian: Dept Veterans Affairs, Muskogee OK

This vacancy is open to any US citizen.  The announcement closes on Thursday, June 29, 2017.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472826500

Please direct any questions to:  Phone: (844)456-5208 Email : [log in to unmask]

Supervisory Librarian (Medical Sciences)

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Agency contact information

1 vacancy in the following location:

·         Hines, IL

Work Schedule is Full-Time - Permanent

Opened Friday 6/23/2017 (0 day(s) ago)

Closes Thursday 6/29/2017 (6 day(s) away)

·         Salary Range

$66,379.00 to $86,290.00 / Per Year

·         Series & Grade

GS-1410-11/11

·         Supervisory Status

Yes

·         Who May Apply

United States Citizens

·         Control Number

472826500

·         Job Announcement Number

CARZ-10021565-17-LAL

Job Overview

Summary

About the Agency

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise: "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). America's Veterans need you!

Duties

This position is located within the Education Service of the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital, and is affiliated with Loyola University Chicago and over 75 other associated health facilities. The primary purpose of this position is to provide professional librarian functions and coordinate the overall day-to-day operation of the Employee and Veterans' Libraries.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:

WORK SCHEDULE: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.

Nancy A. Clark, MLS

Director, Library Network Office (10P2C)
Department of Veterans Affairs
Office of Informatics and Information Governance
Health Information Governance

214-857-0379