This is open to the public and closes on Monday.  Sorry if this was already posted.  We’ve been having trouble with email and want to ensure everyone is aware of the opportunity. Also sorry for the late notification.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471320400

I’m only the messenger, please direct any questions to: Phone: (844)456-5208; Email : [log in to unmask]

Librarian (Biological and Medical Sciences)

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Agency contact information

1 vacancy in the following location:

·         Dallas, TX

Work Schedule is Full-Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 6/6/2017 (3 day(s) ago)
Closes Monday 6/12/2017 (3 day(s) away)

·         Salary Range
$58,399.00 to $75,923.00 / Per Year

·         Series & Grade
GS-1410-10/10

·         Supervisory Status
No

·         Who May Apply
US Citizens

·         Control Number
471320400

·         Job Announcement Number
CARZ-10014697

Job Overview

Summary

About the Agency

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise: "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). America's Veterans need you!

Duties

Employee will serve as a Librarian (Biological & Medical Sciences) assigned to Library Service located at the North Texas Veterans Health Care System in Dallas, TX. Duties will include, but may not be limited to the following:

WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm

Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required

Travel Required

Relocation Authorized

Job Requirements

Job Requirements

Key Requirements

Nancy A. Clark, MLS

Director, Library Network Office (10P2C)
Department of Veterans Affairs
Office of Informatics and Information Governance
Health Information Governance

214-857-0379