Dr Lotz,

Yes, I can explain.   The Great 78 Project is a community project for
the preservation, research and discovery of 78rpm records.

We announced it at ARSC this year and looking for others that might want
to join.   http://great78.archive.org  and the broad collection of user
contributed materials is: https://archive.org/details/78rpm

As part of this, the Internet Archive is hosting a reference collection
of transfers of donated 78's to help.   We hope we can work with others
to build a large collection, again for preservation research and
discovery.  Around these transfers we are trying to link to whatever
metadata we can.    Our transfers are hosted at
https://archive.org/details/georgeblood

As the website says:

Please join <http://great78.archive.org/join-us> this project to:

  * *Share knowledge.* Help improve the metadata, curate the collection,
    contact collectors, do research on the corpus, etc.
  * *Include your digitized collection.* If you have already digitized
    78s or related books or media, we’d like to include your work in the
    collection.
  * *Digitize your collection.*  We’ve worked hard to make digitization
    safe, fast and affordable, so if you’d like to digitize your
    collection we can help.
  * *Donate 78s.*  We have 200,000 78s, but we are always looking for
    more.  We will digitize your collection and preserve the physical
    discs for the long term.

does this help?  Any ideas on what we should do or do differently?

-brewster