From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sistrunk, Wendy
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 12:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Fake-name (?) question

I am forwarding the question below from a colleague (with his permission). If you have any answers, let me know! I will forward back to him.

Many thanks,
Wendy

- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - Wendy Sistrunk, Librarian III Head, Metadata and Preservation Services University of Missouri--Kansas City Miller Nichols Library, 5100 Rockhill Road Kansas City, MO 64110-2499
phone: (816) 235-5291   fax: (816) 333-5584
http://s.web.umkc.edu/sistrunkw/<http://s.faculty.umkc.edu/sistrunkw/>

Subject: [MLA-L] Fake-name (?) question

[I'm] looking for audiophiles who know their pseudonyms.

In the act of cleaning off my desk, I happened upon an authority problem-two authority records that appear to represent the same person.  The name, Heinrich Hermann, is associated with the Salzburg Radio Symphony Orchestra.  Searching the orchestra's name in WorldCat produces a set of results associated with Summit Records, an Australian company from the 1960s and 1970s which apparently specialized in reissues (not associated with today's Summit Records, which covers brass repertoire).  Some of the conductors might be under their real names, but others smack of being pseudonyms.

Does anyone on this list have further information on Summit Records, the Salzburg Radio Symphony Orchestra, or "Heinrich Hermann?"  Thanks.

Mark Scharff, Music Cataloger
Gaylord Music Library
Washington University in St. Louis