I am interested in the responses you receive.

Emily Harrell
Contractor, Jamison Professional Services, Inc.
Librarian, NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service
3500 Delwood Beach Rd
Panama City, FL 32408
(850) 234-6541 ext. 227

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Nickle, Holly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
With an increase in budget constraints and the impending FY18 cuts, the USGS Library is being asked to justify it's expenditures for journal and database subscriptions on a granular level.  While we currently collect usage data based on high level access - it is being requested that we track down to the "defined user level".  In theory this information could be used to verify usage by individual departments and cost centers.

Are there any federal libraries currently tracking journal and database usage down to this level?
And if so, what method are you using?

Are there any federal libraries currently tracking other services at this level, such as document fulfillment, reference services, and/or literature search requests?

Also, any libraries who have gone a different route such as charging per search? or cancelling subscriptions in favor of "pay to download" methods instead?

Please reply offline to [log in to unmask] and thank you in advance for your time.

--
Holly N Nickle

Chief, Public Services
U.S. Geological Survey Libraries Program
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive | Reston, VA 20192 USA
Voice: 703.648.6207