Whichever one you decide to go with, consider making a variant access point from the one not chosen.

Adam

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yang Wang
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NACO: Works of art, Individual

Thanks a lot, Adam and Stephen!

Yes, Stephen, I will add the term “Sculpture” along with “Figurines, Prehistoric” in 380.

380    Figurines, Prehistoric $a Sculpture $2 lcsh

As for the qualifier itself, now I am wavering between the two. What are we striving for here? Subject precision, broader term keyword searching/indexing, user-friendliness?

Lion man (Sculpture)

Lion man (Prehistoric figurine)

Yang