Thanks to you both for the quick responses.

Both books were published in “Ayiti,” and appear to be in Haitian French Creole, so definitely seems like a mistake that I should fix.

Best,
Ben

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard Amelung
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Any experts on Haitian materials out there?

I would view "hat" as a narrower language term that is appropriate for Haitian only materials.  To my way of thinking, "cpf" would be used for other, less wide-spread or lesser-recognized creoles derived from French.  (e.g., those in Africa or the South Pacific).

Haitian Creole is the official language of Haiti with French as the back-up.

Richard