or another alternative for different work access points would simply be:

240 10 Poems. $k Selections (1893)

240 10 Poems. Sk Selections (1895)

Adam Schiff

From: Adam L. Schiff
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:55:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: manifestations with same title proper and author but different content

I think you just have to make a judgment as to whether the content has changed significantly enough to have created a new work rather than a different expression.  I don't know of any guidance other than personal judgment.

If you decide the compilations are different works then you wouldn't use $f in front of the date:

240 10 Poems. $k Selections (In this our world and other poems : 1893)

240 10 Poems. Sk Selections (In this our world and other poems : 1895)

or

240 10 In this our world and other poems (1893)

240 10 In this our world and other poems (1895)

Adam Schiff