I would break the conflict preemptively.  Otherwise, authorized access points for other works could get controlled/linked to the wrong authority record.  We are allowed to break conflicts with other works found in OCLC even though there is no conflict in the authority file.

Adam Schiff

University of Washington Libraries

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Yang Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:26:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NACO: Works of art, Individual

Got it. Thanks John!

There are quite a few “Lion man” titles in the OCLC (for books, films, TV series, etc.), but none is established in NAF.  So, I could just establish it in English as:

130    0 Lion man

I have been wondering, however, if we could set it up with a qualifier in this case, in order to prevent it from being mistaken or misused for any of those existing works bearing the same title?

130    0 Lion man (Prehistoric figurine)

BTW,  does anybody know what to put in 046 for this art object which was created nearly 40,000 years ago?

Yang