From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hostage, John
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 10:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] (Professor of law) as personal name qualifier

I believe LC-PCC PS 9.16.1.3 applies to recording a profession or occupation in field 374.  In fact, one of the examples given uses (Professor) in the access point.  It would be very difficult to use controlled vocabularies for such additions, and what would be the point? Also, (Law teacher) is not a controlled term.

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library